Thursday, September 30, 2010

Two Runs Thursday

This morning was my school Terry Fox Run!  It was fantastic to see everyone out for a 2k walk, or 4k run.  I have only done one easy run since the marathon on Sunday, so I was eager to get out and continue to loosen my leg muscles.  It was a perfect morning for a run (seems to be a trend lately--yay!) so we headed out on our way, running quite quickly.  High school students seem to take off in a hurry at the starting line :)  Some were ready for the run, and some obviously chose to run at the last minute, as they were decked out in jeans (one kid even had a leather jacket, and held a basketball the whole time!).  I am proud of my run, as I was the first female finisher in the 4k!

I am proud of my homeroom class as well.  They were asked to bring in a toonie each, but my class outdid themselves, and brought more than $3.00 each!  And, extra bonus proudness...the student that brought in a $40.00 donation!!  What a fantastic day of fundraising in the name of Terry Fox!

I rushed home in time to squeeze in a run with my friend M, as the two of us haven't run together in a while.  It was great to get out and run the neighbourhood with someone else that has a growing belly :)  It has been nice to enjoy a few short runs...I seem to have more spare time on my hands, which is a welcome change.  I will try to keep runs of more than 10 miles to weekends only for the next few months as a way of conserving energy throughout the week.

TGIF (tomorrow)!!

1 comment: