Friday, September 17, 2010

The Belly that went for a Run

In a little over a week, I will be lining up at the start of the marathon.  I am already starting to feel nervous.  I am really excited to do this race, as I have been training for months and with the "baby on board" aspect of things, I think sooner is better than later to tuck this race under my (growing) belt.  Of course I wish I was even more prepared, (I haven't been doing track work in the last few weeks) but this is a time for me to roll with the punches and run this race to finish feeling my best, not neccessarilly striving for a personal best!  I guess it could be a PPB (pregnant personal best)?

I am hoping that this nice cool weather hangs around until next week, as I really feel I run best without too much heat (I know I am not alone)!  That said, I feel unprepared in the "outfit" department, as I haven't planned what to wear (sooo not like me).  I am desperate to find some nice maternity running wear, and I just can't seem to find any selection.  This being my third running pregnancy, one would assume I have aquired some items, but my selection consists of oversized race shirts and shorts that ride a little low.  Legend has it that Nike used to make maternity running wear, but I am yet to see it! 

I am not super-big in the belly at this point, but it is definitely too hard to hide anymore.  I suppose I will look like the woman who hydrated with beer during my marathon training ;)

Have a great weekend of running!  I am planning a nice taper-friendly long run with my brother Scott on Sunday, hopefully in a new pair of running shoes.  Finger's crossed I can find my beloved Nimbus in a size 6 this time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment