Monday, November 29, 2010

Ah, Monday

It has been a while since I wrote in this blog...but it has been a bad week for me and my friend Running.  I feel so much guilt when I haven't laced up my shoes in a few days.  It is like I have been meaning to call or get together with a good friend, and we just haven't connected.  Ugh.  I made a promise to Running that I would try to keep up with my end of the lovely relationship we have.  I owe it to Running, but more importantly, I owe it to myself.

It is just so cold outside.  I think I may have to start doing some running indoors in these approaching winter months, if I am going to hang on to regular runs until February.  I have never been a fan (and that is putting it mildly) of running on the treadmill, but I think I am going to have to force myself to do it, even if it is just during the school week, when I have access to the treadmill.  I will venture out on weekends, but that darkness that accompanies the cold during the week is a deadly combination for me and my growing belly!!
so excited--a card that plays music!


I am excited, as today is my baby's birthday.  He isn't a baby anymore...he is actually the older of my two fantastic sons, but, (here comes the cliche) he will always be my baby.  I cannot believe that exactly four years ago I was paining through labour with him (I am trying not to remember that part with the labour pain that is imminent in my near future).  I cannot believe that there was a time when I didn't know him.  From his first moments in our arms, he has been our little Elliott--cute, wise, and cheeky.  He has spent countless hours out running with me in the BOB, and now holds "races" in the yard or the house, complete with the "ready, set--GO" and imaginary medals at the "finish line".  He dances like his Papa, and loves cuddles with books.  I couldn't ask for a better big brother for Milo.  I know, I am proud :)

Elliott and Papa--one day old in 2006

He ran out of his room this morning, and said, "Mama, is it really today?  Am I really 4 years old?!"  How can you not LOVE that?!  He was so happy and proud, and I almost cried when I had to leave for work.  Ah, well.  He will still be happy and excited when I get home from work later today.  I love you, Elliott!

I am hoping to squeeze in a run before dinner (we have already been eating cupcakes for days!) so here's hoping the wind isn't crazy this afternoon!

Happy (birthday) Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment