Monday, November 22, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Today was a mild day for November, but with the mild temperatures came rain.  I was really hoping for a nice after-school run today, but I am choosing to be a fair weather runner these days, so I skipped the run and played with the boys inside where it was nice and dry :)

So, it is official.  I have accepted the fact that having a growing family means having enough space in a car to drive around with all of my children (including the soon-to-be-born).  I took the plunge last week and purchased a new, bigger car.  I love love love my VW Passat wagon.  It is cute, comfortable, great on gas, and (most importantly) it is easy to park. Unfortunately, it only seats 2 adults and 2 car seats.  This makes me sad :( We decided to keep the Passat (my husband will drive it) and buy a larger car to tote the boys around in.
This is just a web-photo--I will add a real one soon

The Ford Flex became our new car as of Saturday when I picked it up.  It is big.  Not scary big, but bigger than I have driven in a lot of years!  I drove my dad's truck when I was in my late teens, and this car has a slightly different feel.  The pick-up truck was not quite as accommodating to my small frame--I had to sit on a pillow to reach the pedals--but I did enjoy rolling through town in it.
This new car doesn't feel huge when I am behind the wheel, and I have successfully parked it several times (including parallel parking) with success! phew!  I also am excited that I can fit the boys, their stuff, and the double BOB! (even though we'll soon need a triple?! ha ha)

I am hoping I am not too excited to drive around in my new wheels, and that I do get out on the pavement on foot for runs (ha ha) throughout the next few months!  I have an inspiration race in mind for this spring.  The Oakville Mercedes 10k on May 8th.  It will be something to strive for (or struggle for?) after the baby is born in March.  Here's hoping this baby isn't too overdue, so I can gear up for an extra week or two of training in April?

Happy Running...it is supposed to cool off this week, so bundle up!

No comments:

Post a Comment