Thursday, November 11, 2010

TGI (almost) F

November is a long month.  We are almost half-way through it, and it feels as though a long time has passed since we strolled the neighbourhood with our little trick or treat bags.  Thank goodness the weather has been so beautiful.  Going out for a run in short pants and few layers is such a treat at this time of year!

I feel silly thinking about pulling out my snow tires, but I know that old man winter is just around the corner somewhere.  Speaking of snow tires, last year I strongly considered buying snow tires for my running shoes (yaktrax).  I didn't get around to it (did I really think winter would not come again--duh?!) and I suffered out on group tempo runs on streets with packed-down snow, and the Egg Nog Jog was challenging due to the same conditions.  I think that this year is the year I should invest in those little spikes to avoid slipping.  My balance will be a bit off due to the belly as well, so anything to help keep me upright on those snowy roads will be a benefit!
snow tires for my feet?!

Ok, time to stop talking about depressing things like snow.  For now I should focus on the good things...tomorrow is Friday, and I am excited to take the boys to Grandma and Grandpa's house this weekend for a little visit.  They both just love spending time with "G & G" and I feel so lucky to be able to see them often.

Happy Weekend (almost)!

No comments:

Post a Comment