Monday, June 20, 2011

Today was New Shoes day!  I bought a new pair of runners a couple of weeks ago, because they had my size and they were on sale.  I didn't think I needed new shoes yet, but I bought them knowing that day was going to come soon enough.  Well, today was that day.  I guess knowing they were there in the closet waiting for me was motivation to put them on :)  I also tried out a new running shirt--which Oliver spit up all over immediately before we left.  I just wiped it off and wore it anyway.  Yep.  That is what being a mom is about.  Being gross and smelly before stepping out the door.

With some serious spring in my step, little Oliver and I headed out this afternoon.  He was fast asleep before I hit the end of my driveway, so I decided to make my run a bit longer to let him enjoy a longer nap (the new cushy shoes probably made me do it).  Today's weather was perfect for a run.  Even mid-afternoon when I was out there was bearable with the nice breeze.  I ran a very hilly 6 miles in 53 minutes.  It won't be long before I can get out for some good early morning 10 milers.  In due time I suppose I will be ready!

Happy Running

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like new running gear to help you get out the door! Nice job on the run!

    ReplyDelete