Tuesday, June 21, 2011

From Track to Trail...

Tonight instead of meeting at the track, our group met at the Guelph Arboretum.  The track was being used for something more important else.  I don't normally run cross-country, as it would make for a bumpy ride in the running buggy for the boys!

We were set up for 5x1000 (with approx 400m cool-down in between).  3-2-1-go!  It was nice and refreshing to start out on a trail instead of rounding the corners of a track.  It was a little harder to settle into a pace at first, but I wore my Garmin to check-in on my pace from time-to-time, so I was okay.

Unfortunately, in the second round, I felt a little pebble (which felt like a big rock) made it's way into the heel of my shoe.  By the time that lap was done I had some fresh blister blood on my new shoe.  boo!

I pulled up my sock and we were ready for round 3.  I had to suck it up because I really wanted to keep control of those intervals.

Here is the run down...

4:39, 4:18, 4:17, 4:16, 4:24

It was a great night at the track, er, trail.  I think I may just head back there from time to time for runs, as the shade and change of venue was quite nice.  Next time I will try to wear taller socks so those nasty pebbles don't cause me trouble.

As an added bonus, when I arrive home, I was surprised to see that my husband already had 2 of our 3 boys in bed!  What an amazing guy.  


Happy Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment