Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Papa!

Papa and his boys at Inverhuron Provincial Park

Yesterday was my husband's birthday.  He is of course, a spring chicken, so turning another year older doesn't bother him in the least. Especially on a day when we woke up to find that ALL THREE of our children had slept so well through the night, and even slept in!  Even little Oliver slept for a NINE hour stretch!  Unheard of!

After some card/gift opening in the morning, the two older boys were off to daycare for the day, so we decided to take a nice run on the gorgeous day.  As we ran, I told him he should definitely buy a lottery ticket on his birthday (there has to be some sort of luck involved when they draw numbers on your birthday, no?).  The lottery is so silly.  I occasionally decide we should buy a ticket, but rarely ever even check the numbers, as I know we aren't the people that would win.  I know I have said it here before, and I know it is super-cheesy, but we really have already won.  Three beautiful children, loving families and friends, the list goes on and on.  But, it is fun to think about being lucky people with millions of dollars too!

I convinced him to celebrate his birthday dinner at Chuck E. Cheese's.  I knew the boys would love it, and I have never been there before :)  I know this goes without saying, but the food wasn't that great.  The fun atmosphere was perfect for the kids to enjoy, and it was fun to watch him playing games with the boys like he was a kid again too ;)

Now on to Father's day...

No comments:

Post a Comment