Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Return of Track Time

This evening I ran fast.  Well, relatively fast.  I went to the track for the first time since last fall.  I was anxious about getting out there, standing waiting to start, nervous that I wouldn't be able to finish.  More nervous than in a race!

The workout was 5x1000, plus 3x200m at the end.  I knew that 4x1000 with the 3x200m would be more realistic for me.  When we started out, I felt like I could fall into a comfortable pace to finish out the 1000 meters...I was just hoping I would be able to hold the same pace in subsequent 1000 meter sets!

Here are the numbers...(not too bad for my first time back)

1000m: 4:16
1000m: 4:18
1000m: 4:17
1000m: 4:16

The 3x200m at the end were more about keeping good form, so I didn't pay attention to my times, but I did try to hang on to some faster runners in the group, so I probably will feel it in the morning ;)

It was a hot evening, but not too brutal (nothing that pouring some water on my neck wouldn't remedy).  It was nice to see some familiar faces, and it was really nice knowing at the end of it that I can only improve on the shape I am in (hopefully?!).

I am looking forward to an easy run in the morning--I think my legs are going to need some loosening up!

Happy Running :)

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, you're speedy! Great job on the track workout!

    ReplyDelete