Tuesday, June 14, 2011

...and more track!

When I arrived at the track tonight I noticed the mats layed out at the starting line.  Hm.  I think I should sign up for email updates as to what the workout will be?!  So.  The mats indicate a time trial.  Am I ready for a time trial?  No.  But the silver lining is that I will have a good benchmark as to how much I improve (hopefully) over the summer.

As I walked over to the start line (at the 200m line) I started to ponder my time goal for the 3km I was about to run.  I thought 13 minutes or less would be pure gold at this point.  Here goes!

(I was without Garmin tonight, and the results aren't posted online yet, so I really only have the final number).

Although I tried really hard in the last hundred meters (picture some severe arm pumping and heavy panting on my part) I came in at 13:03.  Yes, so close to my goal!  Definitely some room for improvement, which I like.

I followed the time trial with two 400m's.  It was a beautiful evening.  The sun wasn't too hot, and there was a bit of a breeze.

I wish I had brought my camera with me today, as I went to the African Lion Safari with my son's JK class.  How cute is it to see a bus load of little ones going crazy over baboons climbing on people's cars?!  It was priceless.  I am exhausted now though, after all of that fresh air and track running.

Happy Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment