Sunday, June 19, 2011

My dad doesn't run. He gets his Cardio by Farming

I don't mean to brag, but I have the best dad in the world.  I know, it was pure luck really.  I thought I would share some of my favourite things about my dad, Joe.  He isn't big on the internet, so I am not sure that he will read this blog post, but I would like to share anyway...

Dad making his yummy waffles at a Pancake Tuesday party

My dad is an "early bird gets the worm" sort of guy.  When we were kids he NEVER let us sleep in.  I would like to say I am a morning person because of it (unfortunately I am not--except on race days!).  When booking appointments for the dentist, we were always the ones with the FIRST appointment of the day.  He was smart, as we never had to wait.  But as a kid I thought it was sucky because I was usually done at the dentist before school even started, so I didn't get to miss class.

My dad is the handiest person I have ever met.  If he doesn't already know how to fix/install/renovate/build something already, he will be able to figure it out.  Because he is so handy by nature, he has taught my siblings and I to try our best at being handy too.  I have tried tackling many things on my own because of his encouragement over the years (some successful, some not as successful)!

My dad has an incredible amount of patience.  He was so calm and cool when I got my beginner's and was learning to drive.  He was even more calm when I backed into a car on the first day I had my full licence.  I am sure he was mad, but he made sure I learned from the accident.  He and my mom never made a big deal out of it, and that meant a lot to me.

I love you, Dad!  I hope that you have spent the day listening to the "Sunday Morning Classics," (country  tunes on a local station) and looking at classic cars at the local father's day car show!

No comments:

Post a Comment