Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Track Tuesday

Tonight was track night, as Tuesdays from April to November usually are.  I haven't been out to the track in over a month, due to attempting to keep a moderate pace through regular tempo runs, and a tiny bit of hurt pride in not being able to run as fast around that track now that I am toting this belly with me.

The last time I ran at the track was the August 3km time trial, which went fairly well, all things considered.  I will consider that run my last attempt at such a thing while pregnant, so tonight I decided to go out to the track to cheer on my husband, and the others as they rounded the track and gave it their best.

My boys just love that track.  Milo couldn't get out of his car seat fast enough after we pulled into the parking lot.  "Running, Running!" he said, as he set foot on the rubber track.  The two boys ran down the lanes like they were racing each other.  It was cute, but I knew it was going to be hard to wrangle them in to the double BOB when the time trial started (thank goodness for food items to bribe them into the buggy!).  For the duration of the run, the boys and I ran through the field in the middle from one side of the track to the other, cheering from each side.  Elliott cutely said, "Go Orange team!" to the man in the orange shirt, "Go blue team!" to the woman in the blue shirt, and so on.  So funny!

It was nice to catch up with some running buddies after a bit of a break from the track, but it did make me miss it.  I was complaining about 'missing running' on the car ride home, and I was reminded that I am not really 'missing running' lately.  I did just finish the marathon a week ago, I know, but it just seems different.  There are things I do miss, such as running in clothes that fit properly, (not tight and riding up in the belly) finishing a run feeling like I really pushed myself to the limits, (that just isn't in the plan these days, obviously!) and making ambitious (sometimes lofty) goals for upcoming races.  It is silly, really, as I know I should be taking advantage of this time to relax a bit!  I know I will be happy that I am not running super long runs as the weather gets really cold and snowy (soo nice to imagine skipping a 20-40km run on those cold and windy days of winter!).

I have bounced back from Maternity running twice before, so I know I will survive it.  I am excited to have a new little one this spring/summer to cheer me on at races!

The weather is supposed to be warmer as the week moves forward, so I can't wait to get out in shorts a few last times before they are packed away for the cold weather :)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment