Saturday, October 30, 2010

Somedays I really wish our house wasn't such a busy place.  It seems as though we are always coming or going.  There is always so much going on, especially throughout the school year when I have to be at work, and my husband's schedule demands weekend work every two out of three weekends.  We still manage to think we can do it all, and I just can't imagine it any other way.  Last night my husband told me that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, and my legs were still moving, as if I was running still.  Hm. "It would be great if I could get a run in while catching up on some sleep," I thought.

So, this morning after icing some halloween cupcakes and doing general breakfast and morning things, we headed into Guelph for the 'Devil's Run'.  It is a 5km Cross-Country race that has an open category as well as University runners.  My husband was all set to run the race, and the boys and I were ready to cheer!

The boys love cheering from the BOB
It was a cold, but sunny morning, and we were quite a bundled little cheering section.  The course was sort of a figure-eight loop, so after the starting gun went off, we settled in at the intersection of the loop, so we could cheer him on three times throughout the 5k course.  The boys were so proud to yell, "Go Papa Go!"  Just after he finished (a PB for him--yay!) we had to head back to the car so he could rush home and get ready to go to work.  yeesh!

note the kid in the yellow shirt--too cute :)
In the race there was a little boy, running his heart out.  He did very well, and finished looking strong.  It made us hope that our boys have some interest in running when they are (a bit) older.  I just hope I am making them tired of all things running-related by taking them to races, and running around the neighbourhood with them all the time ;)

almost to the finish--just one more huge hill!
We are proud of you, Papa!  Way to go on a fun race day!

Happy running, and trick-or-treating!  Stay warm, it's gonna be a cool one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment