Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Race Shopping

It is an odd feeling not to have a race coming up to look forward to, and to train toward.  I did have the Angus Glen Half Marathon slotted in for November, but it looks like it just isn't going to happen due to a very exciting family even that is happening the same day (races are great, yes, but becoming the God-parent of my beautiful nephew is something that takes priority)!

As the weather gets cooler, and the races start to 'dry-up' in these parts, and my belly gets more huge, I am feeling the need to find that one more race I had promised myself.  I would love a 10k or 10 mile before Christmas.  There is always the Egg Nog Jog in Georgetown in December, but I do have a fear of all of those hills :)
We'll see.  Any suggestions?

My husband will be running a couple of 5k races within the next month, and I am excited to be a spectator again (Sunday's marathon spectating was fun)!  I would run along with him, but I think my job is to cheer and encourage our boys to cheer :)

So as I run along without a race in mind, I still am enjoying the time I spend out on the road.  I am still enjoying the nice autumn weather, and the fact that I am not yet super-slow.  I am starting to notice other people in my neighbourhood noticing my belly, (I have even seen a couple of double-takes when M and I are out running together with our pregnant bellies) but I will keep running along, taking it one step at a time!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment