Thursday, November 10, 2011

BIG, EXCITING, AWESOME news!!

Not all runners want to run Boston, but I would be lying if I told you I was one of those runners that didn't need want that experience.  It was one of those things that I always just thought I would do (along with my brother Scott--my marathon running partner).  I failed to realize over 10 years ago as I ran my first marathon that Boston would become even more crazy popular, and that it would become harder and harder to compete for a spot!

When things were getting more crazy with hoopla on the Boston-front about 2 years ago, I decided that it might just be time to buckle-down and check off that dream on my to-do list.  I trained and trained, and planned and planned.

The bottom line is that in the midst of some great training, I found out I was going to have baby #3...so my training had to 'slow' a teeny bit, and therefore my time (of course I still ran the marathon) was a bit too slow to get me into Boston (also, I would have had to run Boston 2 weeks after giving birth to the baby, so all-in-all not good!)

Then, this fall, as I was reading iRun magazine I read about a contest they had, in which the winners would get to go to Boston this spring!

...Guess who was chosen?!

Oh, ya!!

Go to iRun.ca to read about it (and see a kind of not flattering pic of me--I had to send one in, and although we have thousands of photos on our computer, there are, like, 5 of me, and 4 are out of focus.).

I will also be blogging over on iRun, which is super exciting too!!

so, go now!  Check out www.iRun.ca!

**I posted my first post there...http://www.irun.ca/blog/index.php/the-journey-begins/

No comments:

Post a Comment