Saturday, November 5, 2011

Yet another 'Race Eve'...

Here it is again, the night before a half-marathon.  This time, however, I am not fighting a yucky head cold, so all is looking up!  It is also a night which most of us love in these parts; the night that we move our clocks back by an hour.  Ahh, an hour extra of sleep for me.  Er, wait a minute.  I have 3 little boys that probably didn't get the memo, and therefore will be up at their usual time.  Hmph.  At least I shouldn't have to rush to the starting line! (Which, incidentally, I had to do last time I ran a race at this venue)

I am running the Angus Glen Half Marathon.  It will be the first race my great running friend M and I have run together in quite a while.  It should be fun all around!
The only issue I am having (of course, the night before) is what to wear...
The race starts at 10:00am (which will actually be like 11:00am).  The weather says Sunny, but with wind (but south wind).  I am a chronic over-dresser.  I try really hard to be smart and sensible, but something in me decides at the last minute to grab that unnecessary extra layer at the last minute that I almost always regret.  I get so afraid of the cold.  I know, I live in big bad cold Canada, and I should suck it up and take the chill like the rest of em'.  I just don't know how to say no to that extra long sleeved coolmax shirt, or that fleece-lined toque.  It is a problem that I am going to attempt to work through this winter (while my cheeks freeze, I am certain).

Grandma is here to watch my boys while I am at the race, so they will be having fun building forts and living it up until I return.  I love having Grandma here!

Grandma and her boys

Here's hoping I will be sensible and get to bed early tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment