Friday, November 18, 2011

I feel so Alive!!

This morning the temperature was about -4 when I left the house.  It was a frosty morning, and I was a teeny bit scared to leave, as this morning was one of the first runs that started under 0 this season.  As I turned the corner about a minute into the run, I was caught by this feeling I don't feel too often on cold runs...the cool air felt so great on my face, I was invigorated!  You know how it feels good sometimes to just splash cool water on your face?  That is how this run felt!

The feeling lasted throughout the run.  I was dressed perfectly (this doesn't happen all that often--usually there is some form of over/under dressing involved) and the sun was shining.  The sun was actually reflecting off the rooftops and cars, where the frost had formed overnight.  The cool air felt so nice and great.  I have said before the winter running is easier for me than those hot, hot summer runs, but today I remembered why.  On those summer runs, I sometimes feel like a hot, sweaty mess.  Hard to catch my breath, feeling like I was going to melt to the road.  When running in the cold, I feel so calm, and cool.  I feel like my form is better, as I am more 'toned'. **I know that in reality, I am not more 'toned'--I am just more 'clenched'!

I am writing about this awesome cool-weather running experience, so I can come back and read this when I am too scared to go out when the temperatures really start to drop!

Happy Running--Hope you get out and enjoy this wonderful cool day, whether it is for a run, or a quick dash to the car for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment