Saturday, May 28, 2011

Puddle Jumping...

Have I mentioned the rainy weather?  I have had about enough of it already.  It would be nice to look out at some sunny skies and wear my new running shorts for a run, instead of the warmer layers I have been forced into due to the cold and rain :(

Ah, well.  I will be complaining about the heat before we know it, I am sure.

I have been adding an extra loop to my usual run, to make a nice 5 miler.  It adds in a couple of extra hills too, which can only be a good thing, right?  I am eager to add more miles (mentally I am ready...hopefully my body will just follow along).  I miss my 10 mile loop so much.  I know I will get there in time.

In other way more exciting news...Elliott started playing "blastball" last night.  Think t-ball.  It was so great to see him and all of the other little 5-year-olds running the bases, standing in the field, bobble-headed with the big batter's helmet.  Little brother Milo was devastated that he wasn't on the team, so I got some cross-training by chasing him off the field, etc.  I didn't have a spare moment to snap a photo, perhaps next week I will get a chance.
I loved watching him out there.  It reminded me of how much I loved playing baseball as a kid.  I loved that my parents would come to my games.  We didn't go out for ice cream after every game, but occasionally we would.  I wasn't the star of the team, but I certainly had fun.  Elliott was still talking about it this morning, so here's hoping he gains the same kind of positive experience I did :)

Happy Running...the roads or the bases!

No comments:

Post a Comment