Monday, May 16, 2011

Ah, the rain continues...

Last night I opted to head out for a run solo (no buggies!).  I was all set to go when my husband arrived home from work, shoes on and everything.  I handed him a freshly changed, fully fed baby, and headed out the door, into the rainy, dreary evening.

I have been wearing my Garmin for the last few weeks, but really just to keep an eye on the time of day, as opposed to my *running* info.  Last night, as I got to the end of the driveway, I thought I would actually 'keep track' of my speed/distance, etc.  Well.  Operating the Garmin is not like 'riding a bike,' it turns out.  I had no idea how to operate that thing.  I was too frazzled in the rain to deal with it at that point, so I will have to figure it out in the comfort of my house before I attempt to use it again.

As I ran along in the rain, on the quiet streets, (it was dinner time...the only people that were out in the rain were brave people bbq'ing--which smelled sooo good) I remembered what made me fall in love with regular running to begin with.  I have mentioned that I always have been a runner, but I became hooked on running when I was in university.  I would run every morning, rain/snow/sun.  I would get up before my room mates (and much of the rest of the world) to run the streets of Halifax.  It made me feel so accomplished to do so much before getting my day going.  Being out in the rain to run lately reminds me of that.  Just getting out there, no matter what.

It is a good thing that I have decided to be so fine with the whole rain thing.  There is so much rain in the forecast this week, (again, ugh) so I have no choice to get out and splash along in it!

On a separate note...

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary.  Eight years have passed since the beautiful day that I married my husband.  Eight years have flown by--and I am so lucky to have the best person in the world to share every moment with.  In eight years I have become a teacher, a wife, and mom (of three--yowza!).  I can't wait to see what the next eight years (and beyond) bring.  I love you, sweetheart.  Thanks for being you. I mean it when I say all the time that I feel like a lottery winner!

Happy Anniversary, Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment