Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Half Marathon Mix-up

Imagine my shock and surprise to find out I am signed up for a half marathon on Sunday?!

Well, last night I received a 'confirmation' email from the Toronto Goodlife Marathon, with my bib number for the half marathon this coming Sunday.  "Only a few days left...are you as excited as we are?!" it said.  Huh?  I am quite sure that this is some sort of error on their part, sending me the email, as I am in no shape to run 13 miles this Sunday, and I certainly did not sign up to do so!!

It is nice to know somewhere out in the universe the Race Gods are sending me not-so-subtle messages to remind me I am a runner.  Part of me wonders if it would be wrong to go to the expo and pick up *my* race kit...
ha ha

This week has been a lovely week for runs.  Oliver and I have been out on our own a few times, and on Mother's day, Elliott, Oliver and I took to the 'hood for a few loops to make a nice 7k.  Big brother Elliott was happy to ride along with the baby, that's for sure.

This morning I did my usual 7k, but I decided to add another 1km loop that includes the big hill.  When I run up this big hill, people out walking or even in their cars make comments like, "you go girl" or, "wow, that's quite a climb with a running buggy!" etc.  It makes me feel good to know that I survived the big hill, even if it was with the lightest of my children in-tow!

I hope this weather stays bright and cheery...I have some miles to log before my next race, the Watford 8km road race in less than 2 weeks!

Happy Running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment