Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally...summer!

I have been complaining a lot lately about the rainy, unseasonal weather.  As of yesterday, things have been looking up!  I have been slathering my kids with sunscreen, and sweating like crazy.  ahhh, summer seems to have arrived in my little corner of the world :)
With that said, my morning run should have been a bit earlier than it ended up happening.  The sun was beating down by the time my husband and I headed out the door with Oliver.  He was decked out in summer gear, and hidden under the awesome sun visor of the BOB.  It was a good run.  It was a hot run.  We were all glad to head indoors to the central air after 45 minutes out in that heat!

I beat the heat in my new sugoi moxie running shorts. 
Some of my new running clothes made a debut this morning also.  Thumbs up all around.  My new shorts were perfect for the weather, and super comfortable.  I don't think the pockets would be too functional, but they add visual interest ;)

Tonight I began compiling a new running mix.  Back in the summer when I wrecked my ipod by just plain not being smart exposing it to my sweating skin on a long run, (yep, icky, gross excess moisture) I basically ended my runs with music.  Later in the fall, I became the proud owner of an iphone 4.  ooooh, ahhhh.  It is pretty sweet.  I can now have my phone and my music with me on the run! yay!  It has taken me until now to put music on the phone though.  I am slow with the technology people.  Baby steps.  (I think my two year old is better at using my iphone than I am.  Really.)

So, now I am taking running music suggestions.  I really only listen to music on long runs.  I am not bothered by slower songs at all, so really anything goes!

Happy Running.  Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment