Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So we had another baby!

Here it is, only 10 days after the fact.  The post about my newest little runner.  He came into the world after a few hours of labour, at 8lbs, 7oz.  Little Oliver is a welcome addition to our happy family.  His two older brothers have kissed hundreds of kisses on to his tiny bald head, and they have each already declared him as a "best friend."

Oliver...12 hours after being born
Nine months is not a long time in the grand scheme of things, but the past nine months seemed to take a bit longer to pass, while we waited in anticipation for the arrival of this sweetheart.  As for running in the last nine months...
I was in the midst of marathon training when I found out we were expecting him, so I had to decide whether to scale back, or plug on forward with my runs.  I had run through my other two pregnancies, and decided that I would take it easy, not make any huge time goals, and go ahead with the race plans I had made.

I ran an awesome half-marathon on labour day, and knew I was ready to take this baby along for the run of his life in the marathon at the end of September.  It was a fantastic race.  I was very proud to run past my friends and family as they cheered me to the finish line.  I plan to put my bib and medal on display in Oliver's room...

I can't wait to get out there running again.  I assume I will last until the end of this week before I start out with some sort of run/walk plan to get started, but I really can't wait.  Oliver will probably sit (or more ideally, sleep) out for the first few weeks of running, but my other two boys may wish to join me.  There is a local 5km run coming up in about a month, and some other races I would like to do throughout the spring/summer.  I am hoping for a strong half marathon in the fall.

I am going to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful husband in advanced for all of the support he gives me to fit my running into our lives.  Whether it is him rushing home after a long night's shift at work so I can head out to an early am race, or holding down the fort while I meet up with a group for a tempo run.  I love you, sweetheart.  You really are the best.

happy running...can't wait to get out there myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment