Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day!

Happy First day of school to all the education-types, young and old!

I was so content this morning, not rushing off to teaching land.  I was so happy to take my Elliott to his first day of senior kindergarten (the big time).  Last year I was a bundle of nerves taking him to the big school as a little three-year-old, but this year, I expected nothing less than coolness from him.  He delivered.

And it is a good thing he did so well on his first day, as his day wasn't over when school finished.  After a quick dinner, (the boys actually had to bring their plates into the car to finish on the way) we headed into the University of Guelph for Elliott's first night of junior track!  I know, I know, you must be thinking I am crazy to have my four year old doing drills and laps.  It really isn't like that, of course.  Fun is the name of the game, and tiring out kids with energy is the marvellous reward!

He ran around and really looked like he was having a great time.  Milo ran around too, although not officially on the roster.

I felt proud to be focusing on running for someone other than myself for a change.  Hopefully he will enjoy being coached by some of the fastest runners in Canada (Literally) with the Speed River crowd!

Elliott all studious looking :)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment