Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School-year's Resolutions...

For me, September is really the start of a new year.  It is a time when everything is new.  School bags are fresh and clean looking, pencils are plentiful and everyone cares about being on-time and organized (at least for the time-being).  It is a time of starting new.  I just love that feeling of optimism that comes along with it!

With that said, it is time for me to create some resolutions...
Back in January I was pregnant, and there was a lot of snow on the ground, and I just really didn't feel like the goals I would create for myself would work for the entire year.  I was right.

My (running) goals for this shiny new school year are as follows:

- Continue getting out to Race.  Nothing is more motivating than a race in the not-so-distant future!  As the weather grows colder it will be more challenging to find races close to home, but even if I average one every month or so, it should be enough to motivate me.

- Get out to group tempo/track workouts regularly.  I love running with other faster runners.  It makes me push myself.  Since having this third baby it is easier to find excuses not to go.  I know they're just excuses though, so I have to just get in the car and go!

- Run a faster marathon, dammit.  I think this is the year that I would like to push my marathon time down. The above steps will help me to accomplish that.

- Run more with my boys.  This is definitely a strategy that makes me stronger as a runner.  It also allows me to spend some time with the boys (hopefully) displaying the fun of having a healthy active lifestyle ;)

- Get back into yoga.  So relaxing and so worth it.  I know I can make the time for it.

other goals? yes, please!

- Be a good friend.  Pick up the phone and call friends more.  Write letters, (I used to be sooo good at this!) make dates, etc.  I have such wonderful friends in my life, and ya, ya, we're all busy, but making time is the only way I am ever going to have the time for people that are important to me!

- Make really good meals.  Summer is the perfect time to slack off and depend on the bbq...I need to get back into the planning meals routine.  We are so much happier when we eat good meals!

- Of course, last but certainly not least, hang out with my husband lots.  As much as possible, at least!

That's it for my big September goals post!  Below is a photo of me at the halfway point of my second marathon back in 2002.  I envy all of the time I had to procrastinate back then!

Ottawa Marathon 2002 (I am the one in blue of course)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment