Friday, December 24, 2010

My belly looks like Santa's!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks around here...hence the lack of updated blog posts on my part.  Oops!  It has been a mix of that nasty cold (super-nasty when you can't take anything for it!) and spending time with my boys throughout this fun week off.  What feels nice about this week off is that there is still another week to come before heading back into work to enjoy the January blahs...

So I haven't run in terms of lacing up my running shoes, but I feel like I have been running trying to prepare for this holiday season!  I know that things will taper off over the next couple of days, and I will enjoy getting out there in this lovely weather for some quicker steps than walking!  I do hope my running clothes still fit after the holiday food, and the growing baby thing!!

This holiday is going to be a bit different around our house, as my husband will be working through most of it.  I am gearing up to convince my kids that Santa prefers it when we wait until Papa returns from work to open those oh-so-tempting presents.  I have promised my husband that I will try my best to wait until he gets home, but if he comes home to a big mess of wrapping paper and very happy children, well, at least I tried!

We are going to extend our holiday celebrating into New Year's this year, as we will be visiting Grandma and Grandpa at that time.  It will be nice to have a bit of time to relax next week before getting back into Christmas mode again :)

So, Merry Running Christmas, everyone!!
I doubt I will get out for a Christmas day run this year, but if you are thinking about going out for one, I highly recommend it.  Running down the streets on holidays is one of my favourite things.  It seems more calm, and even a little bit heroic.  I mean, most of the rest of the Western world is sitting in their living rooms eating the Christmas-day diet of chocolate and egg-nog before sitting down to a big turkey dinner!  Going out for a run makes it all that much better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment