But for now, I am going to get into the list-writing spirit by adding a couple of top tens. Just for fun.
Top Ten Reasons I love Being Pregnant:
10: A chance for a new wardrobe?! Yah, that new wardrobe has to be maternity clothing, but it still is a good excuse to wear some new digs?!
9: Chocolate. I am not a fan of chocolate usually, but let it flow while I am pregnant! Especially the dark stuff. mmmm.
8. If I am feeling unaccomplished in a day, I can always remember that I am growing a baby...at least that has to account for something?!
7. Looking at my two boys, knowing that I am going to have another little one to get to know and love just as much as I love them.
6. Daydreaming. Allowing myself to day dream about this baby.
5. People telling me that I look "glowing". How cute is that?! (probably not true, but cute anyway)
4. Nesting. I love that cleaning and preparing that comes along with babies! (really, I do!)
3. My sister and I have a 'tradition' of watching movies that have a great deal of baby footage while pregnant. It started when she was pregnant more than a decade ago with my nephew. She has three children, and this is my third pregnancy, so together we have watched "Baby Boom," and "Jack and Sarah" lots of times. There have been many many other movies, but those are the best for baby footage.
2. Hearing my boys talk about the baby. My oldest, Elliott rubs my tummy from time to time when he is hugging me or even just walking past. I think he is excited to be a big brother again. I can't wait to see them hold the new baby.
1. Feeling lucky and blessed. How can you top that?!
on the other hand...
Top Ten things I don't love about being Pregnant...
10. People commenting on how "huge" I look. Really?
9. Heartburn. Ugh. The thing about heartburn that sucks more than the pain itself? Knowing the best way to beat it is to drink a teaspoon of vinegar, straight up. It totally works but it sucks.
8. Heavy Baby + Bladder = lots of pitstops throughout runs and life in general. In this two weeks off of school I am getting accustomed to taking pee breaks whenever I feel the need. I am not looking forward to being stuck in a classroom for more than an hour at a time :(
7. Maternity Clothes. Although elastic waist bands are very comfortable, it is not comfortable to constantly pull them up :( Pants wriggle their way down, and shirts wriggle their way up. I feel like I am always adjusting something!
6. Naps. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE naps. I just don't have time to take them, and some days, I need them.
5. Random people thinking it is ok to rub my tummy. Why does that seem like a good idea? I would recommend getting rid of this habit, if you are one of these people that feels the urge to rub pregnant bellies!
4. Knowing that it is only a matter of time before I can't see my feet, let alone tie my shoes. I am lucky to have a husband that is always willing to help me to get my shoes on or off! It is actually kind of hilarious sometimes, feeling stranded with my shoes on!
3. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the things left to do before my due date. Renovations, potty training my two-year-old, and the list continues...
2. Knowing that it will take months and months to get back to a place where 10 milers are easy runs. sigh.
1. Feeling like I will be pregnant forever...
I know that my due date will be here before I know it, so I am going to focus on the first top ten list (which was actually way easier to compile) to get through the next 10 weeks!