Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another Birthday letter...for Milo

Milo.

When you were born four years ago, it was very evident that you had your own way of doing things. Being born footling breech was a great way to make an entrance, kid.

You are my cuddly one.  Cuddly yet so strong, and independent. You have always been determined to do just as your big brother is doing...whether we're ready for it or not. You have taught me so much about myself as a parent, and as a person. I know more compassion. I know now that selfless acts are very common for little kids. I know more about the emergency room. I know more about determination.
When you started smiling as a baby, you really never stopped.  You are always such a ray of sunshine with your quirky hairdo, and crazy sense of style. Although it frustrates me at times, your need to wear jammies for most occasions really does entertain me (thank goodness your cuteness helps pull the outfits together).

You are a good little brother, but also a great big brother to Olly. You're generous and kind to him, and his smile when he sees you is very evident of the brotherly love the two of you share.

You are the reason the phrase, "big things come in small packages" is one of my favorites.

Happy Birthday, 4-year-old!


I love you with all my heart, Milo.

Mama

1 comment: