Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Randoms from the Road

So many thoughts go through my head while I am out there, plugging away the miles. I have decided to compile a 'list' of random thoughts I thunk during a recent long run...

- lots of runners are out in prime garage sale-ing time periods. Early morning, running through neighborhoods, perfect time to browse? Not so much. No money, not in the mood to stop, also not in the mood to carry home the antique rocking chair on my back, no matter how great the deal is.

- through a rough calculation, I have RACED 242kms since my youngest baby was born. Not bad for 14 months! - there are so many things that my kids won't know of, that were such a big deal when I was a kid. Technology aside (although it should be mentioned that my family had a 'party line' until I was in kindergarten) things like watermelon with seeds, rolling around the backseat of the car with no seatbelt, and peanut butter and honey sandwiches at school to name a few...

- my husband is the cutest guy ever. I have been embarrassed lately about some of the attention I have got from people I work with and relatives, for running in Boston. "I'm not the only mom out there that runs marathons," I said. "yeah, but you're the hottest!" he said. Aw. He sure does know how to make a girl feel special. Even if it isn't entirely true ;)

- I really have to get my hands on some more Rainberry flavored Gatorade. The green powerade I had with me was so icky. My brother passed along a recipe for homemade Gatorade that also sounded appealing... - hills are a brutal version of hell. I think if (and when) I arrive in hell, I will have to run up a hundred mile hill, into the wind (let's not forget the inevitable heat involved too).

- the smell of bacon and eggs breakfast is so decadent. Especially "camping" breakfast, where the smell of the campfire is added in. Mmmmm. (I run past a conservation area during long runs...and it is definitely camping season!)

- I am so ready for summer holidays to start. I miss hanging out with my boys all day.

Scatter in some thoughts about how much further I have to go, and how hot the day is becoming, and you have the higlights of my long run!

Happy running!

p.s.  Do you ever feel like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment