Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where have I been?!

I know, I can't believe it either.  A new post!  It has been a while, I know.  Thank goodness I didn't make updating my blog regularly a New Year's resolution.

As Valentine's day approaches, I am longing for one of my great loves...so I thought I had better write about it.  I have ended things with running for a little while, but it is just a "break," not a "break-up".  It was time to give up trying to look like a normal runner in the neighbourhood with my big belly, ill-fitting clothing, and plain fear of slipping on this icy, snowy terrain we enjoy in these parts.  I will enjoy building a new relationship with running in the spring,  but until then, I will have to be satisfied with the dreams I have at night, in which I am plugging away in good form down the street, in a race or on trails.  If only those dreams of running burned as many calories as the real deal ;)

Belly-wise, baby is growing and using my insides as a treadmill, which I see as a good sign that this little one will someday soon understand my need to get out and get some activity with them in tow.  I have finished work now, so, although my plan was to sit around and eat bon-bons and catch up on my soaps, I am too preoccupied by all of the things on my to-do list.  I don't remember having such a need to clean and nest through my other pregnancies, but my husband assures me that I was just as (irrational) obsessed.  I think my boys enjoy having me around a bit more too, which is such a relief.  My two year old has decided that he is going to be a big man and use that potty all the time now, which makes me one proud mama.  Not having to wash loads of diapers is a nice break before the new baby comes and I have to begin the entire process of diapers on a little one again :)

We (and by 'we' I really mean my husband) are also up to our eyeballs in basement renovations these days.  I desperately would love to have it all done before the new little one joins us, but I am cool with "mostly done" too.  Stay tuned for updates...I promise not to show any signs of insanity :)

Happy Running...it is a great time of year to get early bird sign up prices for races later in the year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment