Sunday, April 13, 2014

Guelph has such Friendly, Helpful People!


Yesterday, I went out for my first bike ride of the season.  I made the other girls promise to be nice to me...my injury is (thankfully) behind me now, but I know I still am a bit weak.  Tricia and Sylvie are amazing company, and I know they would not want to torture me with too much speed/hills!

Thanks for the photo, Sylvie!
We had an awesome ride, and afterwards, we headed downtown Guelph to check out the anniversary sale at the Running Works.

The store was packed with people, but we were still able to look around.  I found a cool pair of shorts, but they were not my size.  Andrew, the store owner, gladly got me the right size off the mannequin in the front window.  After trying them on, I decided they weren't for me.  I carried them with me while we got in line.  The store was a bit chaotic, and the lineup was a bit long.
One of the guys checked in with us to ask if we were in line, and we said yes.  What a helpful staff at this store!
I asked the guy to kindly take the shorts, and pointed to the poor mannequin in the window.  I asked him to put her shorts back on.
As the man walked away, I started to think for a second.  I said to my friends, "Hmmmm.  I don't think he works here, does he?"
The guy behind us in line said, "Um, he doesn't work here.  He's my dad."

Oooops.

I ran up to the front of the store (in total embarrassment)! The super friendly guy was attempting to navigate the mannequin.  I felt terrible, but he was laughing and seemed very good-humoured about it!

I wish I had a picture of him, or even his name!  Thanks, guy from Guelph!

I'm sure everyone has done that before, no?  Is it just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment