Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How Romantic...

Sometimes, when the planets align in a certain way, Papa and I find ourselves with time to hang out together, without the boys.  I know. I took photos to prove it actually happened.  Yesterday.

Most of the time we spend together without the boys is spent getting chores done (boring) around the house, or running errands (mostly boring).  This summer, however, we have managed to squeeze in some biking and running time together, and, (gasp!) a few uninterrupted lunches out as well. It's been awesome. 

Yesterday we headed out for a lovely bike ride together. 

I love how you can see my "selfie arms" reflected in my sunglasses!


I think Papa enjoyed drafting behind me (kidding) in the busier roads, but we did manage to bike side-by-side on some of the lonely country roads as well. It was not a long ride, but a nice hour of biking in the sunshine together!



We returned home and quickly changed our shoes for a run together. Yep. Two things as a couple in one day!

We compromised on 7km (he wanted 6k, I wanted 8k). It was a nice trail run together, and by the time we returned home, we were ready to go out for lunch!

I love that summertime brings these opportunities. I also hate that fall/winter/spring does not allow for these opportunities, due to that whole "gainful employment" thing. The best thing to do is be thankful we enjoy each other's company enough to make time for *dates* every now and then. 


Happy running


p.s.  we do get a babysitter from time to time throughout the year, to go out, eat dinner, and talk about our children the whole time, like most married people do!  And, I have been made fun of by my peers, for hiring a babysitter so Papa and I could go to the pool in the evening and swim together!

No comments:

Post a Comment