Sunday, October 2, 2011

You snooze, You lose.

Or, you don't even get a chance to start :(

I put off registering for a race (the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon) for no real reason.  Over a month ago, when I was initially planning on registering, I sat down and registered for 2 other races at the same time.  I thought it seemed a bit excessive to register for THREE races in one sitting, so the Scotiabank took a back burner.  It didn't occur to me that it might sell out until I went online the other day to find that it had!! :( Really?!

So, I will still go to the Toronto race as a spectator, but sadly I won't be lining up to race.  I was eager to redeem my half marathon after the Oakville Half/Sinus Woes of last weekend.  Ah, well. 

I am now going to sign up for the Angus Glen Half Marathon on November 6th.  My good friend/running buddy M will be running it too, so it will be nice to have company, and the loot bags/race shirts at Angus Glen are usually top-notch, so perhaps things will work out in my favour this time.

Soooo, getting my spectator's game on will be fun!  I had such a blast at the Goodlife Toronto Marathon last year cheering on my friend Vanessa (and anyone else that passed by).  Being October, a costume is definitely a must, so I should start planning now.
I will have to top last year...
I also held a sign that said "Lookin' Grape!"

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment