- My three beautiful children have been sleeping in until almost 7am all week. This is a big deal around here. We had a long 2 years of mornings that began by 5:30am, so this "sleeping in" streak (however long it may last?) has been very welcome!
- Cuddles with the boys. Yep, all three of them + me in a chair--sort of chaotic but worth the coziness!
|All of my boys|
- Our reverse-osmosis water tap. I am a fan of tap water, and I drink so much water throughout the day. Unfortunately the water in my town is seriously hard, so we have to use a water softener etc. to have 'normal' water. That tap of perfect drinking water gets a lot of use in our house!
- Skype. A good friend lives a looong ways away, and I chatted with her via Skype this morning. It was so nice to chat face-to-face (in spite of the crying baby I was shushing). I remember going to Disney World as a kid, and in Epcot centre, seeing a display with a 'scene from the future' of someone talking via video. It was sooo crazy. Would Jetson's style phones ever really happen? Yes, Yes!
- I know I have mentioned it here before, but my husband deserves some sort of award for his patience (with me and the boys!) If it weren't for him, we would not be able to do many of the things we do as a family, and I certainly wouldn't be able to keep the running schedule I do!
- I am so thankful that I have the parents that I do. Mentioning the word, "Grandma" around our house sends our kids into hysterics with excitement. She is always ready to play with the kids, and I couldn't ask for a better person to chat to on the phone. My dad is one of those guys that just knows how everything works, and how to fix/build/repair anything. Our basement would still be just a skeleton of framing if it weren't for my dad, teaching my husband and I all of the ins and outs of drywall, tiling, electrical, etc. I am so thankful for my parents and everything they do to help us and make us feel so lucky to have them in our lives!
- The Sun. I swear I am not a fair-weather runner, but some days seeing that bright sun in the sky motivates me to get out there! Even when I resent the sun's blazing heat in the summer, I still love it. We have had some lovely days this past week, and I am trying to enjoy as much it as much as I can!
- The Jolly Jumper. No, Oliver doesn't spend his entire day in the thing, but he loves to jump away while I unload the dishwasher, prep dinner, or tidy up. If only I could come up with some way to keep the big brothers away from him in that thing.
|My little jumper|
Those are just a few of the things I am thankful for this year. My am thankful to have such an amazing family around me every day. I am thankful to have such great friends in my life. That's what it is all about, right?