I love that I have neglected this blog, as it is a very clear indicator that I would rather be doing all of the fun summer things we've been doing, than sitting and typing at a computer. I don't want to confuse anyone with this post, as it is in NO WAY a recap of summer, as I have 2 entire weeks left to enjoy of this lovely month of August, and there is still plenty of time for some awesome times ahead, before Labour Day is upon us (just to be clear).
This summer has included lots of awesome stuff. Including, but not limited to, the following list:
- Canada Day celebrations with our dear friends, the Parkinson family. Every year, we join the parade in Glen Williams. It is almost always a scorching hot walk with decorated bikes, and fun for the kiddies.
|Happy Canada Day!|
|"spinning inside some sort of bear at Centreville" selfie|
|It was a tight squeeze, but Jeff enjoyed the teacups the most|
- Beach. Beach. Beach. Lots of beach days with the boys, splashing and building (and demolishing) sand things.
- Ripley's Aquarium. Such crowds, but awesome to see and do. Elliott is a self-proclaimed marine biologist. He was kind of a 'tour guide' of all of the sea creatures we saw that day. Only a
- Birthday fun for my niece Lyla at the Ridgetown Zoo. The zip line trumped all of the animals. It was kid-friendly, and not scary. I still declined to participate.
|Fireworks. Happy Birthday, Lyla|
- Watermelon and Popsicles.
- Two subway rides with the kids. Still a novelty for them!
|Museum stop at the subway|
- Splash pads.
- Storybook Gardens with the work crowd. It was a gorgeous day, and lots of fun. The kids even had the chance to roam in the bunny pen. Highlight of the day, for sure.
|Those gracious little bunnies...|
- Hanging with Grandma and Grandpa at the farm.
- The ROM. The boys are allll about seeing cool stuff. Museums are kind of the way to go here.
|Strike a pose, Elliott!|
- Bike rides, walks to the park, canoes, caves...
- Campfires! S'mores.
- Running. So. much. running.
- Swimming. A fair amount of open-water swimming. Zero indoor pool swimming!
- Biking. Not nearly enough biking.
- Racing. Ya. Since I last posted about three races, I have done FOUR more. I will get to those race reports. Promise.
Summer is really the best. I love having time to cuddle with the boys, listen to their antics, (with more than a moment to spare) make bigger breakfasts, hang in our jammies, stay up late, bbq, use up lots of sunscreen and bug spray, run in the daylight, and enjoy the longer days.
Needless to say, I am going to miss the carefree days of summer, when school begins, and we are back into that routine. But, I am not going to say I didn't enjoy the summer to the fullest!
…more on the four races that happened soon!